The Association employs about 50 members of staff in various positions as noted on the organisation chart.
Application Forms for positions within Mary Seacole Housing Association Limited can be requested, when a vacancy has been advertised, via email, letter, telephone or fax.
The Association has attached to the Application Form a questionnaire specifically for the collection of additional information relating to the gender, sexual orientation, marital status, responsibilities for dependents, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, religious or political beliefs, age, class, disability or unrelated criminal convictions. This is necessary, as it helps us monitor the diversity of those applying for positions. The information gained will be most useful for the organisation to ensure that equality and diversity are in place within the recruitment process and that this is then reflected within the workforce.
Mary Seacole Housing Association Limited acknowledges that discrimination and prejudice exists. We are committed to equality of opportunity for everyone applying for temporary accommodation, a job, or a contract with the Association, or who is currently a client, employed, volunteering or contracted by the Association. We will seek to ensure that no-one will be treated less favourably than any other person or group of persons because of their gender, sexual orientation, marital status, responsibilities for dependents, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, religious or political beliefs, age, class, disability or unrelated criminal convictions.
This means that:
- The Association will seek to ensure equality of opportunity and treatment of all persons in the provision of housing services, the employment of staff to provide these services and contractors and consultants working for us.
- The Association will treat any allegations of harassment or discrimination very seriously and a full investigation will be held into any alegations.
- The Association will collect and monitor records of the ethnic origin, sex and disability of all those seeking employment, currently employed and clients to monitor the effectiveness of our policy.
- The Association when hiring contractors and other agencies, will be mindful of its commitment to diversity and equality of opportunity.
- In the composition and operation of the Management Committee, the Committee will be mindful of its commitment to diversity and equality of opportunity.